While I’ve been behind a still camera for the better part of over 30 years, I started gearing up for video and studying the art of sound recording, video editing, and multi-camera/takes shoots & synchronization in 2012. After thousands of hours of shooting & editing, the help of some mentors, smart friends & associates… I’m finally ready to announce “VIDEO” as a true service. I’m also geared up to deal with live video switching between cameras, and I’m actively working on LIVE STREAMING (to the internet, so long as there is a fast internet connection at the shoot site).
I can shoot and/or create a wide variety of things:
- Music Videos
- Training Videos (live or with a script & voice overs)
- Tributes (sorting and setting a variety of still images to appropriate music)
- Wedding videos
- Sporting Events
- Grand Openings
- as well as commercials…
The pricing varies based on assorted factors:
- Expectations ~ bottom line, higher expectations often require more time… with few exceptions.
- Number of takes/rarity requirements (ie. ‘once in a life time’ – no do overs – type shoots usually require more than one camera, more than one person, more than one set of angles, prior planning, test shots, backups, and other considerations; therefore costs more to capture the moment.) I can ‘live switch’ (like on TV) between 8 cameras… this can positively help reduce the time spent sync’ing, post processing, and editing… HOWEVER, it could also require additional camera people (actually manning the cameras during the shoot), and a bit more ‘setup’ time… depending on the space, safety of the cameras (and cables).
- Turn around time (dead line) requirements (again, the live switch can greatly reduce this type, but limits some post options).
- Number of Cameras – I prefer to have a minimum of 1 static camera on a tripod, and 1 in motion for key shots and tighter controls. However, some shoots require 3, 5, 7, 10+ cameras to really do the job right… especially if there is only ‘one take’ (or chance). The live switching CAN HELP speed the process, and a practice run through can also greatly help (but isn’t necessary).
- Number of video/helpers needed ~ depends on the number of cameras, expectations, requirements, space, crowd, and a few other factors.
- Quality of Sound Recording Needed/expectation ~ I can sync to studio recordings IF THE SOUND IS THE EXACT SAME, or digital board recordings, or set up my own recording equipment to capture ambient sounds and direct from up to 16 XLR’s (me doing the sound does require an extra person and/or multiple takes)
- Amount of editing necessary ~ the expectations & need is what makes the difference here, the number of cameras, sound source(s), overlays, transitions, text & sound effect additives, voice overs (if used), etc. all impact the time spent after the shoot.
- Location (travel time) ~
- Set & props requirements (especially if I have to supply, or deal with something out of the ordinary)
- Weather ~ (dangerous storm weather, outdoors in rain or freezing cold, have higher costs)
- Underwater & Aerial work has a higher cost, depending on needs & location.
- Slow Mo & SUPER SLOW MO ~ I can currently shoot basic slow mo (60 frames per second), but I have access to equipment that is capable of shooting 120, 240, 480, and up to 1,000 frames PER SECOND for the supper slow motion effects. And, of course can rent and use the stuff that is even faster if so necessary (and the money is right).
- Unforeseen, unknown, special equipment requirements, props, actors, scripting, and voice overs… will add to the cost.
- There is also a difference between PERSONAL (friends & family) use, Small Business (local) use, and Commercial Use (national/unlimited).
- And there are some cost potential cost savings (or differences) depending on the use, if me (and/or my sponsor) are being named or anonymous (where & how, and the promotional advantages).
I also have a variety of background music options… animation, overlay, graphical backgrounds, and high-end editing options available at additional costs. I can also do greenscreen work, which allows a variety of OTHER THINGS (stills or video) in the background.
My goal is perfection… and working within the parameters and limits the given shoot and budget requires.
Let me know what you’re looking for, need, and expect… and I’ll gladly quote you a price and/or ask the questions necessary to help you achieve your goals.